Saturday, May 1, 2010

TULIPS AND FUN STUFF

Holly, Shannon, Leah and I went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Pointe today. It was snowing when I woke up, which didn't make me want to go so much, but I am glad we went! So pretty and so much fun! Here is Shannon posing for a faery-like picture in a very Taraesque manner. She is so much fun - she just loves everything!

And this is some of the scenery. It was a cool day and it did sprinkle on us a bit, but mostly it was just great to be outside in a beautiful place.

There was a very fun Children's Discovery Park with a Xylophone made of wooden blocks, a sandbox, pieces of stumps cut up to be building blocks, little ships to float down the river and a tunnel to crawl through. This picture was taken especially to send to Spencer.

We also saw a nesting goose and . . . this! Can you tell what it is? I'll tell you at the end.

But the last picture is my new favorite picture. So pretty.

ps. it's a Great Horned Owl.


2 comments:

mindy said...

Beautiful! That's a lot of tulips. Looks like fun!

Grandma said...

Beautiful pictures. Get some more tulips for me. What a fun cold day.