Thursday, May 13, 2010

On Mother's Day . . .

. . . we got to talk to Spencer! He sounds like he loves Brazil and all the missionary-ish things. He really likes his companion, and he says the language is coming along just great. He told us of some food items that we have to perfect before he gets home so last night we tried our first. Coxinha. There should be some squiggly lines over some of the letters, and I'm sure when you say it, it sounds something like "bubble". Here are the pics of Tara and me giving this one a try.

They are tear drop (or drumstick) shaped deep fried dumpling like things with chicken and cream cheese in them. I think, though, that we need to work on this a little more. I did not find them as tasty as Spencer made them out to be.
But they looked great!

2 comments:

Holly Emerson said...

They do look good, and they sound delicious!

mindy said...

You make me laugh so hard! Bubble. Love it. I was wondering why there hadn't been an email from Spencer this week. Mother's day -- that's why. Glad you got to talk to him!