Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Kids are Leaving Me!

Whew! Lots has been happening lately so we haven't put on a good post for awhile. Maybe this one will be OK. Spencer isn't here to hold my hand through the process this time, so we'll see. Last week I spent every moment not at work sewing for Tara's big trip to France. We tried to go shopping with her and did finally find a raincoat, but the clothing thing was not as easy. (That's a joke, and you know what I mean if you have ever gone shopping with Tara.) So we decided to go look at patterns and fabric and that is way easier than shopping with Tara. In less than 45 minutes she had picked out 2 dresses and the fabrics! I'd way rather sew than shop any day!

I guess I'm not as young as I used to be, because it really took me 4 nights to get these dresses made. It was super slow (but again, it wasn't shopping so no complaints!). We got those finished and I thought, "Well, while I'm in sewing mode, why don't I just make a quick quilt square and make it into a pillow for Tara's host family". I was thinking I would just whip it up real quick on Saturday morning. It took the whole day. I finished it on Saturday night at about 11. I kinda hate this getting old thing!

Saturday night I helped Tara pack - almost as much fun as shopping with her! Sunday morning we dropped her off at the airport and quickly got home so Spencer could go meet with the Stake President for his mission call. I wonder why I feel old? Both kids trying to leave me on the same day. I'm a lot sadder than I thought I would be. Nickell asked us to go over and watch a movie called "Taken" last week. I'm glad I didn't go. I hear it's about a girl who gets abducted in Paris, and Tara doesn't communicate very well with us right now. She says it's that her internet isn't very good, but I think she just isn't thinking about me 28 hours every day, the way I think (worry) about her.

So that's my frame of mind right now. Here's a pretty cool picture of her in front of Notre Dame, where she attended Mass on Tuesday morning. Pretty neat!

5 comments:

Nickell said...

Haha I didn't even think about how inappropriate that movie would be for you to watch right now! Well when she gets back you need to watch it, because it's awesome. Plus we need to see you guys again. It's been a long time. Hey I finally got my garden planted!

Amy said...

Okay, I hate shopping too - but sewing?? Yuck! That's even worse! Of course I've never been shopping with Tara so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
I know you're sad about them leaving you but at least they are leaving you for worthwhile things and to have great experiences! And they will be back when they're finished. It's not like they're getting married or something (whew!). That's a little more permanent.

Teresa said...

Sad! You can borrow my kids if youd like :)

Lori said...

Okay, I'm so not liking Amy's comment right now! J.D. has an announcement, but I'll leave it to him! Agh-gh-gh-gh!!!

Unknown said...

WHAT?????? Already????? I guess he would like someone to keep him warm in that freezing weather, eh? Not hat I have any idea about what his announcement might be, naturally.